No matter what season it is in Northern Virginia, if you have a yard, there’s a good chance you may have some curious deer come along and check out your yard in search of food.
Deer are great to look at! They’re beautiful, fast, and fascinating. But not everyone necessarily wants them in their yard, potentially causing damage and defacing your nicely-maintained landscaping!
So how do you keep them out? What should you do?
At McLean Landscapes, professional installation of deer fencing for residential and commercial properties is another aspect of our expertise. We offer the right knowledge, experience, equipment, and manpower to get the job done right!
To learn more about deer fence installation for your property, we encourage you to contact us today with any questions you may have.
Here are a few options you can personally use to keep deer out of your yard:
- Place human hair around the perimeter of your yard.
- Apply some hot pepper spray to some plants you don’t want eaten by deer.
- Grow some plants that deer don’t like to eat, such as purple coneflower, iris, yucca, and lemon balm.
- Throw down some commercially-available deer repellant, or moth balls, fabric softener, or even garlic. Soap flakes have also worked, some say.
- Have your dog patrol the yard.